Improve Your Health with Physical Therapy in Columbus, Georgia
Have you been in an accident and sustained an injury? If so, your doctor probably recommended physical therapy.
This form of therapy is ideal for people who are recovering from injuries, are in pain due to the natural wear and tear of the body from age, or have had a recent surgical procedure.
Why is physical therapy in Columbus, Georgia a preferred form of treatment?
How Will Physical Therapy in Columbus, Georgia Benefit You?
A physical therapist will help you regain your mobility, balance, strength, and range of motion – and they’ll do it in a way that’s comfortable to you.
Our therapists have treated patients experiencing debilitating pain from:
- Sports injuries
- And more.
What You Can Expect: Types of Physical Therapy Treatments
What’s it like to work with a physical therapist?
First, we assess the situation. We evaluate your strength, health, and fitness level. Then, we appraise your limitations specific to the condition that needs treatment. This will help us determine the best form of treatment.
Depending on your needs, you may experience one or more of the following treatments.
- Myofacial Release: Gentle, manual manipulation of the facial muscles to relax them and ease pain.
- Exercise Therapy: Assisted exercises that will help you gain strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Active Therapy: You take a more active role in your recovery in this situation. You’ll build your strength and learn how to prevent injury.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Certain neuromuscular deficiencies can lead to decreased biomechanics. We work to reduce pain and restore your body’s ability to move naturally, according to optimal biomechanics.
- Dry Needling: A fine needle penetrates into the skin and muscle treating trigger points caused by trauma to an injured area.
Our goal is not just to help our patients recover and reduce their pain – we also want to prevent injuries wherever possible. With state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained practitioners, you can be confident knowing you’ll get the best, most effective care in Columbus, Georgia.
Do you think you’d benefit from physical therapy? Contact us today at (706) 507-3800 to schedule an appointment. We’ll evaluate your needs and see what type of therapy will suit you the best.