Pre and Post-Surgical Rehabilitation in Columbus, Georgia
Surgical procedures are marvels of modern medicine.
However, surgery puts your body through a lot of stress, as does the disease or condition that warrants the surgery in the first place.
Thankfully, there are pre- and post-surgical rehabilitation options in Columbus, Georgia that can actually speed healing time and ensure the success of your surgery.
Rehabilitation in Columbus, Georgia – What You Can Expect
As a patient of West Georgia Medicine, we will find the best treatments for your unique needs. Our goal is to determine what will help you recover quickly and thoroughly.
Some of our treatment options include:
- Biomechanical Assessment: The very first thing we’ll do is assess your body for balance, strength, alignment, and mobility. This will help us create a treatment plan that will help you progress faster post-surgery.
- Core Stabilization Training: To protect your spine, you need strong core muscles. We’ll show you which core exercises are the best for your needs and fitness level.
- Manual Therapy: Wherever you have muscle tension, we can apply gentle pressure to force the muscles to relax, which feels great and improves flexibility and mobility.
- Exercise Therapy: Exercise promotes healing by strengthening the muscles and improving oxygen and blood flow. The exercises we provide are easy yet effective.
- Ergonomic Training: We can show you how to set up your home and workplace for better posture and less pain.
- Myofascial Release: Patients who’ve had jaw surgery or suffer from TMJ disorder benefit from this hands-on technique. We apply gentle pressure to the facial muscles so they relax and give you some relief.
Our Columbus, Georgia team is committed to providing you with the very best treatment, which includes the latest treatments and state-of-the-art equipment.
You can feel confident knowing that our compassionate team will help you recover fully from your next surgical procedure.
Do you have an upcoming surgery? We can help you both pre- and post-surgery so you can have the best recovery possible. Call us today at (706) 507-3800 to schedule a consultation.